First of all, if you have not watched Deadpool, then what the hell are you doing here, go watch it!
That being said, I think Deadpool hits a big checkmark in my list of good movies to watch again and again.
Hands down Ryan Reynolds was just awesome and perfect for the role. Of the number of actors I know (and I admit, I don’t know a lot many of them), I think Ryan was the best pick for Deadpool. I have seen some of the Deadpool comics (not an avid fanboy though, just intereted) and played the Deadpool video game(which is just out-of-the-world fantastic), and his acting was absolutely spot on.
I have got to coimmend the writing and the effort that has gone into Deadpool.
- The story was good. I hoped for a Deadpool style non-linear story for its first movie and I got.
- The jokes were great. I mean, genuinly funny and smirky – absolutely in line with the comics. And they utilized the fourth wall break perfectly.
- The opening scene was amazing. “God’s Perfect Idiot” *chuckle*
- Then the after-credits scene. I was actually expecting some teaser for Deadpool 2 and ofcourse, I was happily surprised with what came. Oh, Marvel!
- The side allies were good. And ofcourse the studio did not have the budget for other X-Men (watch the movie and you will understand the reference).
- It is one of the few superhero movies that feel really refreshing in a long line of superhero movies. It had a lot of burden to do it right. And it delivered.
But then, I have few complaints as well
- Although Deadpool’s character was developed nicely, that of the others (namely Ajax, Angel Dust, Colossus and Negasonic) was not developed to my liking. Then again, it is a movie about Deadpool and subsequent movies can develop the others properly.
- Where the f**k is Death (his prime love interest)?
- I expected Deadpool to be somewhat cut into half or something like that so that we could see him join his halves together. I was kind of dissapointed in that area.
Overall, it was an amazing movie and is gonna have a firm mark on my watch-again list.
I am no critic so don’t expect a rating from me. But anyways, I rate it Chimichangas out of Apples.